Hello, friends. I'm sorry for the lack of posting. A few of you have been asking where I am and if I'm okay. I am. Summer has just taken over and I feel like I'm trying to play catch up more than anything. =o) When the kids are back in school, I should hopefully be a better blogger. (I do post weekly at the PBJ blog and try to follow friends at facebook and twitter so if you are there, please look me up).
Here is a "Friday Five" to catch up a little:
1. One main reason I haven't been blogging as much is that I've been making my health goals a priority. Guess what? I have lost 20 pounds so far. If people tell you that losing the weight will not make you happy, they are wrong. I am ecstatic! I am feeling more and more like my authentic self with every passing day.
2. Speaking of health and wellness, I am so excited about a project that I was just offered. Dover Publishing asked if I would be interested in doing another book like my "Science Around the House" (coming out in Sept.) . This one will focus on making healthy eating fun for kids. How serendipitous is that? Deadline is December so I have my hands full. 80 pages.
Portion of one of the samples for proposal.
3. This summer, gratefully, I did have work come my way. It was mostly educational so a lot of b&w. I did a book for Flying Frog Press which was also in b&w but will be colored digitally in-house. I am anxious to see how it turned out. =o)
4. Because of that, I have really let my color work go this summer. I haven't done anything new since the Santa pieces I did in the Spring. Here are some sketches I have on my table waiting to be colored. I did these for a friends son who loves all things military. I don't have much geared to boys in my portfolio so I'm anxious to get these in there.
5. Summer movies... I haven't been as often as I would have liked. I missed out on Toy Story 3 and Shrek Forever After. I did catch Eclipse and Inception, though, and enjoyed both!
Speaking of the Twilight series, the sound track to Eclipse is awesome. It is nearly as good as the first one and definitely stronger than the second one. Moody and ethereal quality to it. One of my favorites...
So that's about it. Summer is nearly over and it has been a good one. Kids start back to school on August 12th ( I know, insanely early) so I'm going to try and savor these last couple of weeks of sleeping in.
Happy summer all.