Long time no blog. Fall already, where did the summer go?
1. Thanks again for the wonderful suggestions for my shoulder pain. I managed to finish the last leg of the board book work using Alleve. I'm wondering if a cintiq may be in my future. I find I wear my shoulders like earrings when I'm at the monitor too long. Maybe that wouldn't happen as much with a cintiq? I don't know. Something to think about.
Speaking of the board books, here is a sneak peek at one of the finishes.
These will be touch and feel books published by Lobster Press but I'm not sure when they come out. I had a very positive experience working with them and can't wait to see them published.
2. This summer, I had my first experience working with an advertising agency. Oh, boy, totally different animal from children's publishing. After all was said and done, it was a great experience but I had a hard time not getting stressed out. I'm learning I need to chill out because ultimately the work always gets done somehow, some way. I should hopefully be getting my copies soon. It is a brochure/booklet for Elecare infant formula and was done in my traditional felt style.
3. And now I'm back to work on a project I started before the summer that's due in December. It is a science craft book . I am having such a blast working on this. I am responsible for the writing and illustration for this project book so a lot of research has been involved.
(a little peek)
You just never know what will come as a result of your portfolio. I had a b&w illustration that I did years ago depicting kids blowing bubbles with directions on how to make them at home. This caught the eye of an AD and I was asked to submit ideas for a science based project book. Never in a million years would I have ever imagined sitting here creating such a book but I am and it is F U N.
BTW If you know of any fun science projects (or crafts that have a scientific bent) that you'd like to suggest, I'm all "ears". I'm looking for ones that can be done at home with every day things.
4. I have been such a lame blogger so I don't feel like I deserve these but I must give a big hug to Sherry and Nikki for sending me these awards over the summer. Please check out their blogs, they are both so talented. xo
5. I am so bummed. I've been meaning to take myself to see "Time Traveler's Wife" but I waited too long. When I went to check movie times I found that our theater stopped showing it ..yesterday. BAH HUMBUG.
So I guess I'll have to console myself by watching Wolverine....again. Can't get enough of my boyfriend, Hugh. =o)
Have a great weekend everyone. Happy illustrating.